2014 Media Leadership Program Participants
Toronto, ON – Women in Film & Television – Toronto (WIFT-T) is pleased to announce the 17 participants selected for the 2014 WIFT-T Media Leadership Program (MLP) presented by Bell Media; a competitive Schulich School of Business Certificate Program designed for screen-based executives and entrepreneurs.
The WIFT-T Media Leadership Program offers unique and intense exposure to exceptional thinking and research on media industry management, with practical applications from high-level executives. Participants will receive the latest knowledge on leadership, strategic planning, change management, marketing, and entrepreneurship, as well as tools to develop their financial literacy, communications, and personal management skills.
“WIFT-T is pleased to offer this exceptional professional development opportunity for the fourth time since 2009,” said Heather Webb, WIFT-T Executive Director. “We wish to thank Bell Media, Presenting Partner, and the Schulich School of Business for partnering with WIFT-T to support the development of leadership and excellence within the Canadian screen-based industry.”
The 2014 WIFT-T Media Leadership Program participants are:
- Tashi Bieler, VP Production, Entertainment One Television
- Angela Chan, Research Manager, Programming & Communications, Bell Media
- Marcia Douglas, Program Manager, Bell Fund
- Noora Abu Eitah, Supervising Producer, Secret Location
- Courtney Graham, Producer
- Kerry Kupecz, Executive Director, Sales & Marketing, Video Services Corp.
- Sarah MacKinnon, Manager, Production Affairs, Shaftesbury
- Mark Montefiore, Co-President & Executive Producer, New Metric Media
- Natalie Osborne, Managing Director, 9 Story Entertainment
- Jackie Pardy, Television Executive
- Tammy Semen, Producer, Industrial Brother
- Virginia Thompson, President/Partner, Vérité Films
- Tania Thompson, Executive Producer, Special Media Projects, Presenting Our Vision
- Rentia van der Bijl, Producer/Director
- Lindsey Vodarek, Manager, Public Relations, CMPA
- Candida Zeleya, Manager of Programming, Women & Family, TV Division, Corus Entertainment
- Janice Zolf, Producer
“Our industry relies on programs like the WIFT-T Media Leadership Program to develop and sustain training opportunities that provide the tools required for our professionals to innovate and succeed in Canada’s ever-evolving media landscape,” said Kevin Crull, President, Bell Media. “We congratulate each of this year’s 17 participants as they embark on this very rewarding opportunity and challenge.”