Deadline to apply | October 6, 2017 | 5 PM, EDT
ABOUT THE CBC BUSINESS OF BROADCASTING MENTORSHIP
The CBC Business of Broadcasting Mentorship is an immersive week-long learning experience for an emerging screen-based female professional. Through comprehensive one-on-one sessions with expert staff, the recipient will learn how the public broadcaster operates behind-the-scenes, what motivates decisions behind programming, and understand how various departments interconnect by using a CBC show as a case study. The recipient will meet with teams in production, branding, acquisition, strategy, research, scheduling and more – with a focus in the drama and comedy departments.
The mentorship will take place in February 2018 at the CBC’s downtown Toronto location.
- Comprehensive five-day mentorship at CBC Toronto (Feb 2018)
- The opportunity to build key industry relationships with CBC staff
- WIFT-T programming pass (valued at $300)
- On-stage recognition at the Crystal Awards Gala Luncheon (December 5, 2017)
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Are you an emerging Canadian female screen-based professional who is passionate about production and development with a focus on scripted broadcast content? Are you independent, curious, with an interest in the business of broadcasting? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for consideration:
- Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant, or Permanent Resident
- WIFT-T member in good standing (may join at time of application)
- Emerging Canadian female screen-based professional with recommended 5-10 years of industry experience
- Able to participate in all mentorship activities
- WIFT-T Staff and Board are not eligible to apply
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Friday, October 6, 2017 | 5:00 PM, EDT
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
- Cover letter outlining your response to the following questions (max. two pages)
- What are your objectives for participating in this mentorship, and why are you interested in learning about the business of broadcasting?
- Why is this opportunity important to your professional development goals at this stage of your career?
- Professional bio (300 words)
- Headshot (JPEG format, high res, minimum 300dpi)
- Resume including education and professional work experience (max. two pages)
- One Letter of Recommendation from an industry professional (max. two pages)
ANY QUESTIONS? NOT SURE IF YOU QUALIFY?
For more information contact:
Head of Programming
416.322.3430 ext. 222