During the Technicolor VFX Mentorship, you will expand your knowledge of the VFX production cycle by interacting with key team members and learn the best practices for planning, budgeting, script breakdowns as well as experience one-on-one meetings with our in house producers, VFX Supervisors and artists to further foster your existing talents.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Follow the process from a “prospect” to an awarded project through pre-production, production and post-production with VFX Executive Producer, Robin Nozetz.
- See how the VFX department is run with Senior VFX Producer, Kate McColeman, from resource scheduling to budget management and client approvals.
- Learn how to design from script to screen for a prospective project with Creative Director/VFX Supervisor, Kevin Chandoo. See how he advises and builds methodologies with production to ensure creative is met across the department and project.
- See how the VFX Supervisor collaborates with our 2D/3D Supervisors, to guide the team of artists in executing the Director's vision while working with our in-house producers to make sure the project stays on budget.
- Review the latest software, tools and techniques with our team of VFX Artists.
- Wrap up your mentorship with a one-on-one conversation with Rachel Matchett, Worldwide Head of Technicolor VFX. Rachel has been in the industry for over twenty years, overseeing films such as The Jungle Book, The Life of Pi and Blade Runner 2049 at the multi-Academy Award-winning studio, MPC Film. In her current role, she manages teams in Los Angeles, Toronto and London, growing the business to further expand Technicolor Post’s role in VFX.