The Scripted Digital Series Incubator is recommended for screen-based professionals with a minimum of five years’ experience in the film, television or digital industry who meet all other requirements as noted in the guidelines. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact Laurie Januska, Head of Programming.
Call for applications opens: April 18, 2018.
Regular Deadline: May 18, 2018.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: May 23, 2018
Thanks to the Foundation for WIFT-T, a bursary is available to cover the program fees for one team. Bursary application period is now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
Both team members are expected to attend all sessions.
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM | Monday, June 18 – Thursday June 21, 2018 (inclusive)
Post-program Session: On-site camera workshop
Date & location TBA
Up to six teams, each consisting of a producer and a writer, will be selected to participate in this program.
Producer and Writer (both) applicants must have:
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident status
- At least one digital series in development
- Production experience demonstrated by produced credits in at least one of these formats: feature film, television movie, television series, television one-off, original short-form digital/web series, documentary OR two short films
- Ability to attend all four days of in-class programming plus post-program camera information session
- Must be an independent producer
- Must submit the application on behalf of the team
- Cannot be the sole writer of the project with which you are applying
- Must provide Chain of Title documentation that expires no earlier than December 31, 2019
- Must have signed agreement with producer to participate in program
Successful candidates must be prepared to submit a Non-Disclosure Agreement, produce a final report (a format will be provided), and provide a testimonial upon completion of the program.
Women, men, WIFT-T members, and non-members can apply, providing they meet overall eligibility.