The workshop will focus on:
- developing and practicing the key components of an effective pitch, and,
- editing the pitch to be concise and impactful.
These sessions will include five group exercises and end with a Q&A segment. You will also receive one-on-one feedback from Kevin Wright.
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Identify the key attributes of an effective pitch and how to achieve them;
- Anticipate and respond to a Decision Maker's questions and concerns in a strategic manner;
- Craft the core elements of your pitch, including the Intriguing Question, the Logline, and the "True North" (theme/thesis); and,
- Know what to expect in a formal pitch and how to navigate potential challenges.
Dates & Location
March 20, 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Masterclass runs from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
March 21, 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Centennial College, 951 Carlaw Ave, Toronto
(** a space in the Workshop guarantees a space in the Masterclass as well)
Registration fee: $20 +HST | APPLY by February 28, 2020 | 11:59 PM
Workshop fee*: $425 + HST (WIFT Toronto Members: $350 +HST)
*Note: only those accepted into this program will be required to pay the Workshop fee, above.
The Bursary deadline has passed.