In this Master Class, participants will - while working with their own projects as reference - learn:
- identify the key components that contribute to a good pitch: the introduction, cut line, logline, synopsis, the heart, the package of pluses, the close
- to adapt a pitch to a conversational one-on-one, a chance meeting, a pitch forum presentation
- to research an audience before the meeting
- to identify and strengthen personal communications skills to reinforce the pitch in person
- to improve story telling skills: clarity, structure, economy, visuals
- to identify the credentials or "package of pluses" being brought to the table
- to review the essentials required for a pitch one-sheet
- to identify achievable goals for each kind of meeting
- to develop the skills for follow-up
- to increase the chances of finding a good fit for each project by successfully targeting the pitch to the right person, in the right place, at the right time
On the Thursday and Friday following the week of the Master Class, each participant will be scheduled for a one-hour individual consultation with Jan Miller.
All sessions in this workshop will be led by Jan Miller.
Over the past 2 decades, Jan has delivered one of the top Pitching and Content Development Workshops in the world. She’s presented her workshops coast to coast in Canada for most of Canada’s provincial agencies, festivals and major training facilities. Internationally she’s presented from Tehran to Cartagena and the Amazon, China’s GZDoc, Mexico’s Guadalajara Film Festival, Berlin’s Talent Campus, Poland’s ScriptEast, Cannes’ Producers’ Network, Cuba’s International Film School and Iran's Fajr International Film Festival.
Jan’s popular pitching workshops have now expanded to Export Ready Workshops for the Music Industry through the East Coast Music Association; for animation for Women in Animation in Vancouver; for Romance Writers through Film & Creative Industries Nova Scotia; and the theatre community for the Magnetic North Theatre Festival.
Jan has won numerous awards for her achievements including ITV's Woman of Vision Award, WIFT-Toronto's first Crystal Award for Excellence in Training/Professional Development, and the Billington Award for her contribution and leadership in the Alberta screen industry. Jan received the WIFT-AT Wave Award for her contribution and support of the Atlantic screen industry. She served on the Atlantic Film Festival Board,on the Canadian Conference of the Arts Board including 2 years as national president, served on the inaugural Cultural Human Resources Council Board, the CFCN Production Fund Board, the Shaw Broadcast Fund Board, the Board of First Weekend Club, The Board of AFC and presently serves on the Women in View Board.
Click HERE to read more information about Jan Miller.