During the Formosa Group Sound Mentorship, you will expand your knowledge of the Sound Editing and Sound Mix production cycle by interacting with key team members, observing and learning best practices for sound editing workflow and creative sound design, sound mix preparation, sound mixing, and final mix layback & transfers. The mentee will receive first-hand experience beside in-house sound assistants,editors and mixers to further foster your existing talents.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Observe the early-stage process at the point of transition from picture editing into sound editing, alongside an experienced assistant sound editor
- Receive hands-on training with basic software and hardware programs used throughout our facility, with an emphasis on programs and utilities essential for early sound-editorial work positions
- Sit alongside a Senior Formosa Supervising Sound Editor as an introduction to dialogue and ADR editorial
- Attend live-ADR recording sessions in-studio and various recording mixers and actors
- Observe Sound Design and sound effects creation alongside a senior Formosa Sound Designer
- Shadow a Senior mix assistant as they prepare and manage multiple mix stages within the facility over the course of a few days
- Observe re-recording mixing, watching early prep of dialogue & sound effects material, followed by full day(s) observation of a final mix session.
- Observe final transfers and layback of mixed material, overseen by senior layback operators, with emphasis on basic skill training for entry level work position.
About Formosa Group:
Formosa Group, Streamland Media’s sound division, is a full-service post-production sound company composed of award-winning talent. Formosa Group offers content creators services, including sound supervision and design, sound and music editorial and re-recording mixing, as well as integration and music production for features, broadcast, music, interactive and commercials. It is home to some of the most creative and well-respected sound artists in the entertainment industry today, with multiple locations throughout greater Los Angeles, Seattle, New York, Toronto, and the U.K.
Follow us @formosagroup