We're looking for an awesome intern to assist us this summer in preparations for our annual fundraiser, Reception@TIFF.
Apply by 5:00 PM (EDT), Friday, May 31, 2019.
Please note: You do not have to be a student to apply.
Women in Film & Television – Toronto has a summer position available through Canada Summer Jobs, Service Canada, to assist with special event coordination and communications. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 years old.
In this role, you will:
- Draft, proof, and copy edit promotional materials, newsletter entries, blog articles;
- Create content for and monitor social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Assist with website content management (Webflow);
- Assist in media outreach and managing the red carpet guest list, which includes Canadian and international talent, and industry leaders;
- Provide additional logistical and administrative duties as required in support of WIFT-T’s programming and events; and,
- Be mentored by WIFT-T's communication and engagement manager.
To be considered for this role, you:
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations;
- Are between the ages of 15-30, inclusively;
- Have strong organizational skills;
- Have exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Are social media savvy (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook);
- Are a keen problem solver, take initiative, and manage your time well;
- Work well independently, and as part of a team; and,
- Value diversity and inclusion.
You are familiar with or have working knowledge of the following tools: Canva, Hootsuite, Trello, MailChimp, and Slack.
This summer work opportunity is for a period of 8 weeks (July 8-August 30, 2019), 35 hours per week at $14/hour.
How to apply:
In an email addressed to email@example.com, please outline three reasons why you are interested in this opportunity (how it aligns with your career/learning goals). Also, attach a recent resume and contact information for three (3) references. Please specify “Special Events Assistant: Summer 2019” in the subject line. Deadline to submit your application is 5:00 pm EDT, May 31, 2019.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.