WIFT Toronto is seeking proposals for the redevelopment and redesign of our website, with the goal of creating a more accessible and user-friendly experience for everyone engaging with the website — including both those visiting the site and those editing the site on the back-end.
WIFT Toronto aims to have this refreshed website live by April 2022.
WIFT Toronto is a member-based, not-for-profit organization of passionate individuals who are dedicated to the education, engagement and empowerment of our members at all stages of their careers in the screen-based media industry.
The new website must:
- Reflect WIFT Toronto’s brand identity and values
- Incorporate the current brand colour system (see reference below)
- Include an easy-to-use content management system (CMS)
- Ability to create and add new pages from created templates
- Have a clean and focused design and intuitive navigation
- Integrate with Membership Works, including
- the ability to host our full membership directory on the website, and
- the ability to sign up for events created on MembershipWorks directly on the website
- Allow for a “members-only” section that is only accessible with login
- Integrate MailChimp for mailing list sign-ups
- Include a calendar plug-in where upcoming events and programming can be shared
- Include a multi-media blog section(ex. Text posts with images, videos, slideshows, etc)
- Be mobile-responsive
- Follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines requirements (WCAG 2. 1AA)
- Fully tested site on all main web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge)
- Include content from pages on the current website including footer pages and social media profile links
- Incorporate Google Analytics
- Website source code
- CMS manual for training content managers
- The production timeline should include rounds of approvals for wire frames, design plates, and site built iterations
- Reviewing copy
All proposals should include the following:
- A statement of interest, including a broad vision for the new website
- A portfolio of previous work
- An estimated timeline for the site development (work projected to start in October)
- Your rate for the project (please also note if you offer a discount for not-for-profit organizations)
- RFP is released on August 10, 2021
- Questions & information gathering can be sent to Venessa Harris (email@example.com) by September 3, 2021
- Proposals are submitted by September 10, 2021
- Proposal reviews by September 30, 2021
- Selection made and notifications sent by October 8, 2021
Proposals should be submitted to Karen Bruce (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 10, 2021 @ 11:59 PM EDT.
WIFT Toronto is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage web developers from all backgrounds to apply. If you require accommodations at any point during the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
WIFT Toronto Branding: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H_8hD2vf_zHgw03slFNlrRo4rFClLkCh/view
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines - Developing for Web Accessibility: https://www.w3.org/WAI/tips/developing/
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines - Designing for Web Accessibility: https://www.w3.org/WAI/tips/designing/