WIFT-T and the Foundation for WIFT-T seek a dynamic and experienced leader for role of Executive Director.
Deadline to apply: Monday, November 19, 2018
Term | Full-time permanent (some early mornings, evenings, and weekends to attend program/events)
Location | Toronto
Reports to | Chair, Board of Directors
Anticipated start | January 2019
Women in Film & Television – Toronto (WIFT-T) is a member-based organization of women and men working in screen-based media that supports the development and advancement of women in the industry. With a focus on career development, WIFT-T provides women with opportunities to connect, learn and advance.
The Foundation for Women in Film & Television – Toronto is a non-profit charity that raises funds to enable WIFT-T to carry out its activities. Funds raised help subsidize WIFT-T’s custom-tailored professional development programs and offer tuition-free bursaries and awards.
WIFT-T and the Foundation for WIFT-T are looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to play a pivotal role in the continued growth and impact of these organizations. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate leader to join a well-established and respected organization and advance its mandate at a time when gender parity initiatives are being prioritized.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of WIFT-T and the Foundation for WIFT-T. The ED will work closely with the Board of Directors to establish strategic priorities, and devise operational plans and programming to achieve the organization’s objectives and support its mandate. The position has a broad and diverse range of operational and executive responsibilities, requiring a comprehensive skill set that combines practical, analytical and strategic approaches, communications expertise, along with proven leadership competencies. The Executive Director will engage with a wide range of stakeholders requiring a nuanced, tactful and professional approach to consensus building.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors through the Chair, the Executive Director's key responsibilities include:
- Managing the operations of WIFT-T & the Foundation for WIFT-T
- Strategic planning & Implementation; recommends policies and programs
- Directs the creation and design of programming and events
- Revenue generation and fundraising
- Financial management
- Cultivation & stewardship of strategic partnerships and donors, including government and corporate sponsors
- Human resources management
- Oversee communications & engagement with members, other stakeholders, and media; and represents the organization as a spokesperson
- Minimum 5 years of non-profit Executive Director experience or in a senior management and supervisory role in a non-profit
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing operating and project budgets, and possesses an understanding of basic accounting procedures
- Successful track record with funding applications and securing corporate sponsorship
- Experience implementing a fundraising program and ability to build a culture of philanthropy within an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective presentation skills, and comfortable dealing with media
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, handling multiple projects at one time with a high degree of efficiency and thorough attention to detail
- Well-developed strategic and analytical skills and ability to deploy resources effectively
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to cultivate respective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Supervisory experience and the demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and support staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the Canadian screen-based industry
- Experience developing professional development programs and event management
- Knowledgeable of marketing and communications strategies
Salary commensurate with experience. Extended Health Benefits enrollment after completion of a successful 3-month probationary review with the Board Chair.