Double your impact! Hollywood Suite Gift Matching Campaign
HOLLYWOOD SUITE ANNOUNCES HOLIDAY GIFT MATCHING CAMPAIGN IN SUPPORT OF THE FOUNDATION FOR WOMEN IN FILM & TELEVISION –TORONTO
TORONTO, Tuesday, December 5, 2017—Women in Film and Television – Toronto closed off its 30th Annual Crystal Awards Gala with an exciting announcement from Hollywood Suite. Ellen Baine, Vice President of Programming at Hollywood Suite announced a $5,000 donation to the Foundation for WIFT-T. Hollywood Suite is also encouraging new donations to WIFT-T in December with a donation matching program up to $10,000.
“Hollywood Suite is proud to support WIFT-T in this season of giving,” says David Kines, President, Hollywood Suite. “WIFT-T has advanced the role of women in our industry for 33 years. In addition to our base donation, we’re matching up to $10,000 of new donations to WIFT-T during the month of December. I encourage our industry peers to take this opportunity to support WIFT-T’s worthy cause. Your donation will help fund a variety of educational and career programs for women at all levels of the industry, and is sincerely appreciated. As we look to the New Year and beyond, we hope our gift will help foster a safe, equitable environment that supports and acknowledges the hard work and crucial voices of women everywhere.”
In 2017, with support from the Foundation, WIFT-T gave impactful support to women in this industry by providing:
- 75 media professionals (at different career stages) with industry and business-focused learning through 4 intensive programs;
- 8 tuition-free bursaries to those programs;
- 40 mentorship matches through WIFT Connect;
- Community support through 6 awards of membership and programming passes to aspiring filmmakers in partnership with 5 schools and film festivals;
- and access to industry-sponsored mentorships and networking opportunities.
To invest in the next generation of industry leaders, please donate at hollywoodsuite.ca/wift.