Call for submissions opens: January 10, 2018
Project submission deadline: February 8, 2018
Selected projects will be announced in March.
Back for a 9th year, the WIFT-T Showcase shines a spotlight on the incredible talent, diversity, and creativity of our members.
Members are invited to submit their short works (details below) to be screened at a public event in the Spring. A fun, cocktail reception follows to close off the night.
DISCLAIMER: WIFT-T Showcase is not an official film festival. However, we cannot guarantee that your participation in the Showcase will not affect your eligibility with other festivals or screenings.
VOLUNTEER: 2018 Showcase Selection Committee
All projects are reviewed and selected by a group of WIFT-T members.
To volunteer for our 2018 WIFT-T Showcase Selection Committee, send your CV/resume and a brief statement as to why you would like to volunteer to Christina Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 26, 2018.
Your membership must be valid up to March 12, 2018 to participate.
Members can submit up to TWO projects. Run time of each project must not exceed 24 minutes (credits included).
- Television series (episode)
- Web series (episode)
- Music video
Submissions must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Only WIFT-T members with up-to-date membership are eligible to submit work for consideration. You may become a member at the time of the application. Accepted filmmakers will be required to hold active WIFT-T memberships on the date of the Showcase (April 2018). The submitting member must hold one of the following key creative positions on the project*: Writer, Director, Producer, Editor or Cinematographer/DOP;
- Submitting member must be at minimum age 18;
- Work must not exceed a run time of 24 minutes, including credits;
- Work must have been completed after January 1, 2016;
- Non-English media with dialogue/commentary must be subtitled or dubbed;
- Work must be fully complete. Works-in-progress are not eligible;
- Member can submit a maximum of TWO separate projects for consideration (only ONE may be selected for the Showcase). However, separate submission forms must be completed per project. If you are submitting via DVD, you will need to provide multiple hard copies;
*Upon acceptance, successful applicants must provide permission from the project’s producer (or owner) to be screened.
Please note that the decisions of the Selection Committee are final. Hard copy materials will be returned only if accompanied by a self-addressed envelope with a physical Canada Post stamp. Please do not use metered stamps. Alternatively, pick up arrangements from the WIFT-T office can be made in advance.
READY TO SUBMIT?
- Complete your submission form(s), available here
- Pay administration fee of $20 (+HST) below
Best Screenplay: Dissecting Gwen
(Kat Barrell, Rebecca Hales, Farah Merani, Sara Basso)
Honourable Mention: That’s My DJ: The Series
(Submitted by Maureen Grant, editor)
Best of Showcase: Tomorrow’s Shadows (Geordie Sabbagh, Ashleigh Rains)
Honourable Mention: Tuesday, 10:08 AM (Submitted by Jane Tattersall, director)
Audience Choice: Walk Good (Karen Chapman)
See full 2017 lineup.